Includes: Science K Tool Kit, Teacher’s manual, Student materials, Classroom materials
Science K focuses on the children and their interaction with the world around them. We introduce all three main science areas of life, physical, and earth and space with more emphasis on life and physical science. Strong emphasis is placed on topics that pertain to the early learner and what is important to them: the parts of the body, five senses, healthy habits, pets, characteristics of objects, how objects move, plants, living and non-living things, weather and seasons.
Included in a science kit are the Tool Kit, teacher’s manual, student materials, resource books, photo cards, slideshows, Teacher Resource CD, and Fitness Fun™ CD, as well as access to our website resources. To learn more about these components, read below.
Our science tool kits contain important items to illustrate or augment lesson content. From sand and shells to blocks and balls, we’ve gathered it for you!
Click here for a list of Science K Tool Kit materials.
Teacher’s Manual and Classroom Materials
The teacher’s manual contains 61 lessons, which are each presented in a booklet format that can be removed from the teacher’s manual for use during preparation and teaching.
Photo cards, Teacher Resource CD, Fitness Fun™ CD, teacher booklets, food stickers, weather wheel, and large teaching chart enhance the lessons.
- Exploring the Human Body and Five Senses
- Investigating Healthy Habits
- Identifying Characteristics of Pets
- Examining Characteristics of Objects
- Exploring Forces That Move Objects
- Observing the Growth of Plants
- Identifying Living and Non-living Things
- Identifying Seasons and Weather Conditions
- Click here to see the Table of Contents
We have additional website resources available for teachers and students to expand and enhance Nancy Larson Science.
These are the items that are available on our website for teachers of our program. These items are updated in real time.
- Slide Shows
- Pacing Calendars
- Planning Guide
- Science K Glossaries – Topic, Alphabetical, and Diacritical Marks
- Children’s Science Booklet Scoring Rubric
- Science K Literature Connections
- Lesson Chart for Projection
- Photo Cards for Projection
- Optional Photos for Projection
- Parent Letter in Spanish
- Supplemental Informational Text Reading Activities
- Science Centers – Click here for excerpt
- Suggested Activities Supporting English Language Arts – Click here for excerpt
Objectives and Student Outcomes for every lesson make lesson planning easy!
Engaging content is presented through student booklets. Concepts are reinforced through hands-on lesson activities and experiments.
Science K kit includes: Teacher’s Manual, Photo Cards, Teacher Resource CD, Fitness Fun™ CD, Science Tool Kit, consumable Student Booklets, a teacher’s set of Student Booklets, Activity Sheets, Weather Wheel, Stickers, and 1-year online access to website resources.
Click here to download the complete price sheet with ordering and shipping information.
Click here to find the educational consultant in your area to assist you with all your options.