Includes: Science 2 Tool Kit, Teacher’s manual, Student materials, Classroom materials
Nancy Larson® Science 2 focuses on the physical world. Students are becoming more inquisitive about the things around them and how things work. The lessons begin with living and non-living things with an explanation of matter. The properties of matter help to provide a lead into geology and characteristics of rocks. From here the lessons progress into how things move (force, gravity, friction, and work), which leads right into simple machines. The last part of the physical world covered is sound and light. From these concepts of the physical world, the children bring this knowledge to life science with lessons on birds. Not only are the stages of life readdressed, but also how the physical science applies to birds by discussing things such as how birds move, their beaks and how they use them, the sounds they make, and other physical characteristics of birds.
Included in a science kit are the Tool Kit, teacher’s manuals, student materials, resource books, science word wall cards, lesson charts, photo cards, and Teacher Resource CD, as well as access to website resources. To learn more about these components, read below.
Our science tool kits contain important items to illustrate or augment lesson content. From prisms and pulleys to owl pellets and minerals, we’ve gathered it for you!
Click here for a list of Science 2 Tool Kit materials.
Teacher’s Manual and Classroom Materials
The teacher’s manual contains 80 lessons, which are each presented in a booklet format that can be removed from the teacher’s manual for use during preparation and teaching.
Large charts of selected student pages, science word wall cards, and teacher resource books enhance the lessons.
- Physics—Investigating the Physical Properties of Matter
- Geology—Observing Rocks and Minerals
- Physics—Investigating Forces and Work
- Physics—Examining Simple Machines
- Physics—Exploring Sound and Light
- Ornithology—Investigating Birds
- Click here to view the Table of Contents
We have additional website resources available for teachers and students to expand and enhance Nancy Larson Science.
These are the items that are available on our website for teachers of our program. These items are updated in real time.
- Pacing Calendars
- Planning Guide
- Science 2 Glossaries – Topic, Alphabetical, and Diacritical Marks
- Student Word Cards
- Children’s Science Booklet Scoring Rubric
- Science 2 Literature Connections
- Science Word List and Labels
- Lesson Charts and Teaching Masters for Projection
- Photo Cards for Projection
- Optional Photos for Projection
- Lesson Review Recording Forms
- Parent Letters and Homework in Spanish
- Website Activities
- Suggested Activities Supporting English Language Arts – Click here for excerpt
Objectives and Student Outcomes for every lesson make lesson planning easy!
Engaging content is presented through student booklets. Concepts are reinforced through hands-on lesson activities and experiments.