Includes: Science 3 Tool Kit, Teacher’s manual, Student materials, Classroom materials
Nancy Larson® Science 3 starts with the big picture and moves to the child’s world. The lessons begin with our solar system and topics of the Sun, Earth, Moon and planets. From there the lessons begin a discussion of the Periodic Table of the Elements and teach the children what all things in our universe are built around. This leads into how matter can be changed both chemically and physically. The states of matter are reintroduced and prepare the children for discussions about meteorology and the Earth’s atmosphere and water cycle. Moving on down from the atmosphere to the Earth’s surface, lessons introduce the continents, oceans, layers of Earth, tectonic plates, earthquakes, and volcanoes. Continually moving to the smaller scale, the next step is talking about how rocks are formed, types of rocks, weathering and erosion, and soil. After soil, lessons begin with plants and finish with animals. Discussion includes the interdependence of soil, plants, and animals, specifically seed plants and amphibians and reptiles.
Included in a science kit are the Tool Kit, teacher’s manuals, student materials, resource books, posters, science word wall cards, lesson charts, photo cards, and Teacher Resource CD, as well as access to website resources. To learn more about these components, read below.
Our science tool kits contain important items to illustrate or augment lesson content. From thermometers and rocks to seeds and posters, we’ve gathered it for you!
Click here for a list of Science 3 Tool Kit materials.
Teacher’s Manual and Classroom Materials
The teacher’s manual contains 80 lessons, which are each presented in a booklet format that can be removed from the teacher’s manual for use during preparation and teaching.
- Astronomy—Exploring Our Solar System
- Chemistry—Investigating Elements and Compounds
- Physics—Observing Physical Changes
- Meteorology—Investigating Changes in Our Atmosphere
- Geology—Exploring the Earth’s Structure
- Botany—Examining the Structure and Function of Parts of Seed Plants
- Zoology—Investigating Amphibians and Reptiles
- Click here to view the Table of Contents
Large charts of selected student pages, science word wall cards, posters, and teacher resource books enhance the lessons.
We have additional website resources available for teachers and students to expand and enhance Nancy Larson Science.
These are the items that are available on our website for teachers of our program. These items are updated in real time.
- Pacing Calendars
- Planning Guide
- Science 3 Glossaries – Topic, Alphabetical, and Diacritical Marks
- Student Word Cards
- Children’s Science Booklet Scoring Rubric
- Science 3 Literature Connections
- Science Word List and Labels
- Multiple Choice Review Questions
- Lesson Charts and Teaching Masters for Projection
- Photo Cards for Projection
- Optional Photos for Projection
- Parent Letter in Spanish
- Lesson Review Recording Forms
- Website and Computer Activities
- Suggested Activities Supporting English Language Arts – Click here for excerpt
Objectives and Student Outcomes for every lesson make lesson planning easy!
Engaging content is presented through student booklets. Concepts are reinforced through hands-on lesson activities and experiments.
Science 3 kit includes: 2-volume Teacher’s Manual including Photo Cards and Teacher Resource CD, Science Tool Kit, Science Word Wall Cards, large Lesson Charts, consumable Student Booklets, Lesson Reviews, Activity Sheets, Assessments, and 1-year online access to website resources.
Click here to download the complete price sheet with ordering and shipping information.
Click here to find the educational consultant in your area to assist you with all your options.