Full-time Customer Care Specialist for Nancy Larson Publishers, Inc., in our Old Lyme, Connecticut, office
$50,000 – $58,000 per year (35 hours per week, Monday – Friday)
- 20 days of paid time off per year
- 3 paid floating holidays per year
- 6 paid major holidays per year
- 401(k) plan available
- Health, dental, and vision insurance available
- Health Savings Account (HSA) available
- Become familiar with the Nancy Larson Science programs and their components.
- Answer and direct phone calls, emails, and online inquiries, maintaining a positive, empathetic, patient, and professional attitude toward customers.
- Engage with customers and regional sales staff to determine customers’ needs.
- Prepare price quotes for customers through Quickbooks.
- Upon approval of quotes by customers, create sales orders and invoices through Quickbooks.
- Respond to and resolve customers’ issues (missing components, website log-in problems, etc).
- Support regional sales staff (product guidance, administrative assistance, order processing).
- Process homeschool orders (from purchase orders and our online shopping cart).
- Keep and maintain records of customer interactions in Salesforce CRM system.
Qualifications – Required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to accurately type 40 words per minute
- Organized with a high level of attention to detail
- Proficiency with Word and Excel
Qualifications – Preferred
- Familiarity with Salesforce or other customer relationship management software
- Familiarity with Google Suite
- Familiarity with Quickbooks
- Bookkeeping knowledge
- Post-Secondary education
About the Role
Primarily through telephone conversations and email messages, provide support to current and potential customers and to our regional sales staff in order to fulfill the responsibilities listed above. Work in our Old Lyme office alongside two other team members. An additional 20 full- and part-tine employees, living and working across the country, complete our team.
Who We Are
Nancy Larson Publishers is a woman-owned, innovative, educational publishing company headquartered in Old Lyme, Connecticut. Nancy Larson has been dedicated to education for more than 30 years. She works closely with classroom teachers across the United States to create developmentally appropriate and content-rich materials that are easy to teach. Nancy Larson® Science builds elementary students’ knowledge and understanding of scientific content through a systematic progression of lessons for students in elementary grades. This program includes curriculum, materials, and instructional strategies that are developmentally appropriate and designed to help young students engage actively in their own learning. It is our goal to maintain high standards in the curriculum and in the education that children receive that will help them achieve their goals not just in the classroom but in life.