“We see our students retaining the vocabulary words in each lesson. They use these words at home with their parents and in their writing journals. It’s like they are little scientists.”
– LaSherry Irby, Principal, Batesville Elementary, Batesville, MS
Includes: Science 1 Tool Kit, Teacher’s manual, Student materials, Classroom materials
Nancy Larson® Science 1 focuses on the life sciences because at this age, students are more egocentric and focused more on themselves than the things around them. The topics focus on stages of life starting with human beings, moving to plants then animals (primarily mammals), and ending with insects. The stages of life of all these are compared and contrasted, which makes for an easy transition from booklet to booklet. Science 1 also explores sunlight, water, and soil.
Included in a science kit are the Tool Kit, teacher’s manuals, student materials, resource books, science word wall cards, lesson charts, teaching posters, photo cards, and Teacher Resource CD, as well as access to website resources. To learn more about these components, read below.
Our science tool kits contain important items to illustrate or augment lesson content. From bugs and beakers to x-rays and pine cones, we’ve gathered it for you!
Click here for a list of Science 1 Tool Kit materials.
Teacher’s Manual and Classroom Materials
The teacher’s manual contains 71 lessons, which are each presented in a booklet format that can be removed from the teacher’s manual for use during preparation and teaching.
Large charts of selected student pages, science word wall cards, and teacher resource books enhance the lessons.
- Developmental Biology—Describing the Life Stages of Human Beings
- Botany—Observing Trees
- Earth and Space—Exploring Sunlight, Water, and Soil
- Zoology—Investigating Animals and Their Habitats
- Anatomy—Discovering What Is Inside Our Bodies
- Entomology—Examining the Characteristics and Life Cycles of Insects
- Click here to view the Table of Contents
We have additional website resources available for teachers and students to expand and enhance Nancy Larson Science.
These are the items that are available on our website for teachers of our program. These items are updated in real time.
- Pacing Calendars
- Planning Guide
- Science 1 Glossaries – Topic, Alphabetical, and Diacritical Marks
- Student Word Cards
- Children’s Science Booklet Scoring Rubric
- Science 1 Literature Connections
- Science Word List and Labels
- Lesson Charts and Lesson Activities for Projection
- Photo Cards for Projection
- Optional Photos for Projection
- Parent Letter in Spanish
- Science Centers – Click here for excerpt
- Suggested Activities Supporting English Language Arts – Click here for excerpt
Objectives and Student Outcomes for every lesson make lesson planning easy!
Engaging content is presented through student booklets. Concepts are reinforced through hands-on lesson activities and experiments.
Science 1 kit includes: 2-volume Teacher’s Manual including Photo Cards and Teacher Resource CD, Science Tool Kit, Science Word Wall Cards, large Lesson Charts, consumable Student Booklets, Lesson Reviews, Activity Sheets, Assessments, and 1-year online access to website resources.
Click here to download the complete price sheet with ordering and shipping information.
Click here to find the educational consultant in your area to assist you with all your options.